Blaine Forkner, P.E., LEED AP BD+C
Principal-in-Charge, Electrical Engineer
Blaine’s love for engineering began at a very young age. When Blaine was just old enough to walk, his father took him inside the nuclear facilities and submarines where he worked, which today would be nearly impossible. His grandfather worked as an engineering professor emeritus at Virginia Tech after serving in WWII. His great-grand father worked as telegraph operator and train conductor after losing a leg in WWI. Blaine comes from a long line of technical and engineering experts.
Blaine earned his electrical engineering degree from Virginia Tech. His first job was working for a transit engineering firm in the DC metro area. When his grandparents became sick, he moved back to Blacksburg to help care for them and worked for his uncle at an A/E firm. It was here that he learned how to collaborate with school systems and municipalities. After getting married, the couple decided to move to Pittsburgh to be close to her family, and Blaine landed at an MEP engineering firm. As a result of his dedication to his clients and family, he decided to become an independent consultant so he could provide this same high level of service to his clients, while maintaining a focus on his family and faith.
Blaine has over ten years of building system engineering experience. As an Eagle Scout, he leads his family and firm with high integrity and discipline. He looks forward to growing the engineering firm and watching his clients succeed.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Virginia Tech with Math minor.
- Familiar with the electrical systems for colleges, schools, hospitals, libraries, residential and recreation centers.
- Expert dealing with high rises and urban environments.
- Familiar with sustainable, green and energy reduction design techniques.
- Actively licensed and in good standing with the states of Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Experienced with over $500,000,000 value of projects.
Contact us today for references and a sample project list.